Tuesday, July 22, 2008

My expert fashion advice-#1

Sometimes I like to consider myself somewhat of a fashion expert. I really have no support to back that up except the fact that I've been a huge What Not To Wear fan since junior high. If you look at me you probably wouldn't think I know a lot about fashion. Lucky for me you can't see the Mickey Mouse necklace I'm wearing right now. Just because I don't implement the latest fashion trends on myself however, does not mean I lack fashion sense. I have learned much from Stacy and Clinton.

The reason I bring this up is because next year my school is requiring us to wear our IDs around our necks. We are getting school-issued lanyards to do so. The problem I have with this is it will totally clash with every outfit. Kids won't even have a reason to get dressed anymore. What's the point in buying awesome school clothes to show off to everybody if a white card with your ugly face is in the way, distracting the attention from your outfit.

This is why I'd like to propose ID wristbands. I understand they would have to be pretty think wristbands in order to accommodate the ID, which is not suitable for all body types, but overall, I think we will be better off. The wristbands would consist of clear, flexible plastic with fabric on both ends. There could be different fabrics, in different colors so there would be one to match with every outfit. There could even be blank ones that students could decorate themselves which would promote individuality.

It's true that we could just make different colored lanyards, but the distraction factor would still be there. The lanyard would also not be flattering for every kind of shirt. Whether the shirt be a scoop-neck, v-neck, wrap, halter, or even sweatshirt- the lanyard will not go with it. The wristband is a more subtle way to help with the safety of the school. Plus, it could be quite the money-making scheme if carried out correctly.

1 comment:

Rosie said...

Omg, I'm so sorry about that retarded requirement, it's gonna look like you're all in a prison or something. I mean, I know I don't have to suffer through it, but I'm mad for you guys. Really now, that's just retarded. Metal detectors would have been a better idea, but I guess they don't want to spend the money. GAH! It's just so stupid! And btw, when I look at you, I think you have one of the best fashion senses in the school. You make it look easy, and I envy you for that! I love your style! ^_^