Monday, November 7, 2011

What happened to my best friend?

If you are going to stop being friends with someone, you need a good reason. A really good reason. People are too important in our lives to just let people go if we really care about them and they care about us. This is why I don't understand why we aren't friends anymore. We had been best friends since the 4th grade, you were my Person, and still not a day goes by that there's not something I want to tell you about.

You're the one who stopped speaking to me. You moved, fricken moved, without telling me or anyone, just tweeted it, really? Tweeted it? Then when you had to see me because we were at work, you still would barely tell me anything. And you used to be the one person in the world who I could tell everything and anything too. No one else understands me like you do because there are just things about me they wouldn't understand, but you knew everything little, crazy thing about me, and I was always there for you. That's why you were my person and I was yours. 

But you stopped talking to me! Stopped responding to my texts! I don't know the fuck why. Because you are too cool with your new life? Your new boyfriend, and your new apartment, and God knows what else you do while I still sit at home all day thinking about guinea pigs, right? Sorry I'm not cool enough for you. 

Do you remember that day this past spring when I told you I couldn't be friends with you anymore because I was sick of you treating me like shit? I remember that day perfectly because I had been out late that night because we took Elmer to the emergency vet at 11pm and were there until 1. Then I had sucky work and I was texting you all day in between phone calls and typing stuff. Well even after that horrible day, we still worked it out and were friends later. And even after that you still continued to blow me off and be a bad friend to me, but I still tried to be friends with you because I guess I have a thing for people who hurt me emotionally. 

I really didn't give up on our friendship until August when it was clear you obviously did not give a fuck about me. You wouldn't tell me about your life.  And you never once asked how my new life at school was, despite how much I helped you through your first year at college. 

And now? You unfriended me on facebook?? I mean don't even have very many facebook friends, but I still have fb friends who are people I've never spoken more than two words to in real life, but you, who used to be my best friend- nope not facebook friends anymore. 

For the record, I've thought about texting you a million times since August. I miss you. But I was just too hurt. Well, it's clear you don't give a fuck about me. So much for best friends forever, huh? 

No comments: