Friday, October 28, 2011

Chicken troubles

Went to the poultry farm today in class. We got to hold baby chicks. They had just hatched this morning. They were soooo cute and so soft. After picking that little guy up, all I could do was smile because he was just so adorable and it made my day. I was so happy, I had to tone down my smile lest my classmates think I'm uncool. But then my little chick started to be a little frustrating. He started pecking at me. Then he kept of turning around. He buried his head in my hand, then pecked at it some more. Then he was chirping really loudly. Then he kept trying to get away. I was the only person in my group who couldn't keep control of their chick. How embarrassing! And as all this was going on, I was supposed to be listening to a guy who was teaching us about the baby chicks, but I was too busy trying to keep mine from jumping out of my hands! Meanwhile the kid behind me said his chick fell asleep in his hand. How fricken cute is that?! Too cute too handle! Mine pooped on my hand.

No comments: