Thursday, December 3, 2009

Despite the color; Cheetos are nothing like carrots

I get asked a lot about how the vegetarian thing is going and even though no one who asks me reads this (all those in favor of me to stop mentioning how few people read this say "I"!), I thought I would tell YOU anyway.

I've never liked meat much because of the taste and because of the dead animal thing, but it still is hard just to stop. I do get a taste for it sometimes. Then I remind myself of the poor animal who had to die and I'm back.

In terms of nutrition, well, my mom always bugs me when I am left to make food for myself, for not eating well. I tell her it's not because I'm a vegetarian; it's because I'm a teenager and I love junk food. My dinner tonight was just going to consist of applesauce and easy cheese on crackers, so I threw a salad in there too. I'm not going to lie though, I'm getting sick of cheese quesadillas, vegetable soup, and vege burgers.

Yesterday, my muscles were hurting, so then I looked up "protein deficiency symptoms." Whoops. Other than that...it's going well.

3 comments:

Rinny said...

beans beans the musical fruit!
they are a good source of protein. so is peanut butter. but ya, you need to watch that

Rosie said...

would you be willing to eat eggs? because they are not fertilized so they were never really going to be an animal? maybe? idk that's up you of course, just a thought!

but yeah riny's rite. peanut butter and honey sandwiches are my fav, but most LOSER people put the jelly on instead. O)

Gloria said...

I eat eggs.

Rosie, I didn't realize you are a PBJ hater. I don't think we can be friends anymore.