Sunday, October 16, 2011

But no need to break out the tissues just yet

I've been very homesick recently. I've been trying to keep my cool when I talk to my family but really all I want to do is scream  "I MISS YOU!" But like I said, that would be uncool, not to mention release a whole bunch of emotions, which would probably lead to crying. It has been hard reading people's statuses and tweets about going home to P-Town for fall breaks because I don't have a fall break, but I would love to go home. I watched Chicago last night, the musical staring Renee Zellweger, and every time they said "Illinois" or "Cook County" I was like, "I MISS YOU."  Not those are great places to live, but it's home (and P-Town is a good place to live).

I was doing ok after the first couple weeks of school, in terms of not missing home that much. Because, let's face it I really wanted to get out of that place and I was two years overdue. Also, because I knew I wouldn't be able to come home until Thanksgiving break, which seemed forever away in August. Well, now it's October and past mid-terms and all I can think about is going home and seeing my family the week of Thanksgiving. Seriously, ALL I can think about. Those crazy people mean everything to me.

It's a good thing though, that I picked a school six hours away though. Because anything less than four hours and I would be home every weekend. And then I wouldn't get very much growing up in, now would I? Although, right now that doesn't sound so bad.

My fav five people and me. 

1 comment:

Rinny said...

I could not agree more. I really hate i get like this too. but yea why did we pick so schools so far? I miss P-town ='(