Thursday, April 1, 2010

A box of rocks

Kidnapped. Hands tied, duct taped mouth, thrown into a locked basement in some remote location. Who? The nerd in me. That's right, Harper abducted the side of  me who wanted to do well in school. Oh sure, sometimes I would hear the screams, but they just got ignored.

It's amusing to me because I'm pretty sure my lit professor thinks I'm an idiot. She said something about her honor's English class today and I thought she would probably laugh if she knew an honor's program application was sitting in my dresser right now.

Of course, that could prove I'm actually not that smart after all, seeing as the application has not been filled out yet.

Maybe that will change. Someone let the nerd out (on a leash) and now Saturday is my designated homework day. I plan to spend the whole day working on school stuff (admittedly most of which was put off from before). Perhaps my lit paper will be so good that it will change my professor's mind. Yeah, probably not. But I'm past the point of wanting to impress people. I can be dumb if I want to.

No comments: