Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Better than bored.com. Seriously.

I was so bored tonight at work because I had neither work nor homework to do and I hadn't done anything all day. I was going crazy from boredom. Then my friend offered to give me a wiki hunt. Something that involves Wikipedia, no thanks, I want to something fun. But I was sooooo bored. Wait, wiki hunt? What's that? It's where you start at one Wikipedia page and have to get to another by using the links on the page. Ok, I'll do it.

Since my friend was reading the page on mental health, I had to start there, and get to the page on cheese. Seems impossible, I mean, how are those two related? It was actually pretty easy and only took me a couple minutes. The path I took: mental health>World Health Organization>Alliances for Healthy Cities>primary health care>health care>United States>Midwest> Wisconsin>cheese. Easy.

My next one: cheese to eye drops. Harder than it looks, but I did it. Cheese>Center for Science in the Public Interest>Center for Consumer Freedom>antibiotic>medicine>eye> eye(disambiguation)> human eye> optometrist> eye examination>eye disease> keratoconjuctivitis sicca> artificial tears> eye drops.

 These wiki hunts are fun puzzles to do. I recommended it for when you're bored.

Here are some ideas.

Go from John McCain to Kesha

Kesha to guinea pig

guinea pig to marijuana

Random enough? That should keep you busy for a while.

PS. Rinny, where did you learn of this "wiki hunt" thing?

1 comment:

Rinny said...

AP English! lol