Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Doohickey telepathy

While I was watching TV today, I became frustrated with the remote. You see, I was watching Scrubs on channel 42. During commercials, though, I wanted to watch something else. It was either That 70s Show on 51 or iCarly 0n 46. In order to get back to Scrubs, I would use the "Go Back" button on the remote. So during the commercial I would flip to 51, but it was a commercial on that channel too so I had no other choice, but to go to 46. The problem is now when I hit the "Go Back" button it goes 51, not 42 Scrubs like I wanted it to.

That's when I decided it would be much better if the remote could just know what channel I wanted it to go to. It should just read my mind. I am still willing to press one button, if it could just do that one little thing for me. Go back to Scrubs instead of That 70s Show.

This whole mind reading thing should also apply to cell phones. I don't have a fancy cell phone- it was pretty cheap actually, and it does not have a qwerty (that was fun to type) keyboard. Also, I suck at texting. But when I went to type "2" in my message, I had to go through "a", "b", and "c" first. Now really the cell phone should have known that when I hit that button I wanted the "2" and not those other letters. Again- one button. I'll manage to press that as long as it can do a little mind reading for me.

You may be wondering, if you are having all these problems, why don't you get fancier things? Go for the qwerty (still fun) cell phone or a TV thing that has some channely thing (IDK)? And the answer is simply I don't want to. Technology is just not advanced enough.

Though I suppose that's good since I cannot even work with current technology. That spinny-ness on Ipods is just too much for me. I need something with a definite click when I push it. Still, we should have had flying cars by now.

No comments: