Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Wrong ethnicity for kissing

Today is St. Patty's Day. I have always felt very akward on this day. It puts you in a weird situation. Starting in elementary school is was pretty much a requirement to wear green on this day or else the other kids would bug you about it or more commonly, they would have the right to pinch you. So, you would wear green. But then any adults you talked to would see that you were wearing green as ask you if you are Irish. Then I would answer akwardly, "Well, um, no, not really. I mean, there's a little bit of Irish on my grandpa's side of the family, but my last name is Scottish." Then the conversation either ended or I got teased once again this time for wearing green.

So, I feel a little traumatized by this. St. Patty's day doesn't really do anything for me. I don't drink and I'm not Irish and if you try to tell me that everybody's Irish on St. Patty's Day; I will smack you in the face because that is the biggest bullshit I have ever heard. It just doesn't make sense. Well, maybe if you're drunk.

2 comments:

Rinny said...

haha sok. try explaining how your name is irish but youre really not :P enjoy it as a day to wear a good color (if you choose). <3

Rosie said...

that last line is truth.