Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Give me liberty because you're giving me a headache

One of the most annoying things about living at home as a college student is that I'm supposed to be more on my own, but I'm not because I still have my parents watching my every move. So, tonight at the early hour of 9'o clock when I got a text from my mom saying, "take a shower;" I was pissed yet, ready to fight this battle. 

I text her back, "I shower, when I shower." That was not received well.

"Who do you think you are writing to?"

"The shower police evidently."

 In the meantime, my sister who had been drafted by my mom to tell me via facebook to shower, was amused by the situation . She informed me that my mom had received a text and  had said, "man is she being a snot." I think the feelings were mutual.

I talked to my sis about it because at this point I had finished my homework and actually did wish to shower, but since my mom told me, I couldn't. I am still a rebellious teen after all. So, I told my sis to make a lot of noise of I could shower undetected.

Then I heard a thunk. Then a louder thunk.

Gotta love sisters who got your back.

How does this story end? I showered, no one cared. Though, I found out later my dad was actually the one behind the orders. Goes without saying, I had a little talk with him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fight the power!

Rosie said...

lol what Jack said!! :P