Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Life is This

Today, another one of my dreams has been crushed. I thought it couldn't get any worse after I couldn't get the financial aid to go to the school I really wanted to go to and had to got to community college, but it has. MLIA

Today, I went on MLIA during work, like I always do. MLIA

Today, I started to read the stories, but as I did I noticed the story number has gone up significantly from where it was at before. I was keeping track of the numbers because in December my sister and I submitted a story that we thought had a fighting chance at being published. It should have been in the running to be published any day now, but now the number was past. I crossed my fingers that I would see my story published. MLIA

Today, I went back to the second page only to discover someone had posted how that there weren't any truely average stories anymore, only fake and awesome ones. I don't know how it happened, but this person was convincing enough that thousands of stories, like mine, were skipped over and never even given a chance. MLIA

Today, I realized that of course this would happen right before mine could get published and all that months of waiting and tracking it was for nothing. My life is average. My one little joy of awesomeness I was counting on-getting MY story published didn't happen due to this "revolution" for the website. I can't even get that. MLIA

Today, the website sucks again. I hate it. The stories WERE average. They were about being average awesomely. Whoever did this, you suck. FML