Thursday, August 13, 2009

Maybe I should wear my brown pants...

I am so nervous for Monday I could shit in my pants. Not really. It's an expression. And it goes with the title, in case you haven't figured it out by now.

What happens Monday, you ask? Well, calm down. Of course I am going to tell you. Wouldn't be much of a blog post if I didn't.

Monday, I have my first job interview. To most reading this, it does not seem like a big deal. You have already done this and been working for years. I, on the other hand, have wasted the past two years of my life watching TV and playing on the computer. I knew I needed a job, I just didn't want one. I filled out a few applications, and continued to "search" for open positions, but honestly it was "searching" more like how my friend has been "searching" for her "lost" glasses, if you know what I mean.

What I'm most nervous about is that I'll say something stupid. For example, it would not be a good idea to mention that I dread talking on the phone since the job requires talking on the phone. It also would not be a good idea the mention the fact that I am the laziest person I know.

The only good thing is I bought new black dress pants. My previous ones didn't fit and they didn't close. One embarrassing situation avoided.

2 comments:

rinny said...

*squeal!* congrats hun! youll be great!

Rosie said...

Hahaha, my 'lost' glasses. O)

You really will do great. Yeah, just don't mention the phone thing, that's kinda important. You know I HATE using the phone too, and this job has really taught me to be more confident. You'll learn, and you'll be great. You just have to fake being confident for a bit, till you actually are. ^_^


LOVE YOU PERSON!