Sunday, August 23, 2009

Denial is not just a river in Egypt

This summer has been a roller coaster. A mostly downhill one. There was the ear surgery, and not being able to do stuff like swimming, playing in community marching band, and going on carnival rides. I didn't even think it was possible to have a summer without swimming. There was also that whole dream-crushing thing- you know where I was supposed to go away to college then reality slapped me in the face. Most recently, is the not-getting-that-job-I-really-wanted thing (ok, I don't know for sure, but it's not looking good).

Though the summer was not completely sucky. My favorite day was probably my birthday. I figured that's the only day I could force my friends to come shopping at the mall with me all day. It was the best b-day/ shopping spree ever. I also thoroughly enjoyed going to the zoo with my friends and multiple sleepovers.

Those who know me, know that I hate endings. I cry every December 26th. But I don't feel emotionally attached to this summer. I feel numb. School's tomorrow and I don't want to go. But I will and you have to just keep on moving. And my friends are leaving this week. But, that's life and they got to go. I guess being in denial and being emotionally detached is my way to save myself the tears. This summer has been hard enough. And I can only take so much. With my friends leaving and me going to a school I hate, I have nothing to look forward to. It's the only way I can save myself from myself.

2 comments:

Rosie said...

Jon said to keep trying to call them back. He claims you never get a call from them if they are turning you down for a position, you get a postcard. Keep trying to reach them.

And hey, *pokes* I love you. I really do, and yeah, maybe we won't get to see each other that much anymore, but that doesn't mean there aren't other ways to stay in touch! I'll even buy you a webcam, if you'd like. :P And I'll visit you too, because you are def one of the most important people in my life, and I really don't think I can function properly without you, person.

Let me know how your first day of classes went.

I am hanging out with you Thursday, no excuses. I want you to be the last friend I see before I head to Hope, okay? So be ready for a late nite. I'ma talk to dad about maybe sitting on the roof? That sounded fun to me. HOPEfully(lol) it won't rain.

You are the Rory to my Lane. I love you person, cheer up, please?

Rinny said...

mk so i can't beat rosie's comment. But I do absolutely love you to death. And i hope you know that by now. And you're not the only one who is numb and in denial.