Friday, January 28, 2011

It wasn't all crayons and rainbows

A lot of college kids I know miss their childhoods and try to go back to that fun, worry-free time of their lives by watching Disney movies and coloring. But I don't miss being a little kid. For me it was a very confusing time of my life.

For example my mom often told me lies to get me to not do stuff. Like once I wanted a Spiderman balloon. My mom told me there were hundreds of little spiders in the balloon and if it popped they would all come out. She also said if I slept in a ponytail my hair would fall out. I just recently tested that. It's not true. 

Once my dad played a trick on me. After dinner he called me back to the kitchen saying that I didn't drink all of my juice. I thought I had drank all of it, but there was my juice cup filled with with juice. I couldn't deny that. I was so distraught. But he had refilled my cup- I found out later.

Of course just because my parents told me something didn't mean I believed it. They warned me one night before bed not to touch the humidifier because it was really hot. I had to see for myself. So I touched it and burned my finger. It was really hot. And it hurt.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good reminder :3

Kay