Wednesday, February 2, 2011

There's nothing like a good snowgasm

Well, Chicago's 3rd largest snowstorm is over. It had been hyped up for days before. Reports of 24" of snow, strong winds and "life-threatening conditions" were the only things on the news for days. The radio station I listen to had a blast with this. They came up with more names for it- snowmageddon, snowzilla, snowMG, and my favorite- snowgasm.

The storm was pretty crazy. As it was starting yesterday afternoon, I was driving home from school. Everything was white. Stoplights were shaking from the wind. I couldn't go more than 15mph without my car sliding. The traffic was so terrible it took me 4x as long to get home as it normally does and my car's windshield wipers just smeared the snow so I couldn't see.

Last night everyone's Facebook statuses were about the blizzard, "snowpocalyse, " and thunder snow. 

This morning I woke up early, because I was sick and couldn't sleep, but also because I didn't want to miss the snowpocalypse. I looked out the window to see the snow and wind. My neighbor was outside snow-blowing his driveway in his fire suit. I guess you don't get a snow day when you're the fire chief.

As I was listening to the radio this morning they were talking about the storm and all, including what happen  on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago. Apparently there were a few accidents which stranded people in their cars for hours. As they continued to talk about that story they referred to it as the "LSD situation." I thought that was an unfortunate acronym.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It would REALLY suck to be stranded though.

Kay