Friday, January 13, 2012

Anatomy Tourette's

Before I go on to explain what I actually want to talk about in this post I think a couple of disclaimers/ things you need to keep in mind are important to state first:

1. I am a weird person and I am not ashamed of it.
2. Studying is boring and it's important to find ways to make it interesting.

Ok, so I was reading my anatomy and physiology textbook as part of my plan to get better grades this semester. I was reading about the digestive system. About four hours into reading this chapter (four hours of digestion- gross!), I found myself doing something strange. At first I didn't even realize it and put no effort into doing it, it just happened. What was I doing? I was randomly yelling out words that sounded funny. Just yelling them out loud to hear them. And you know what, there are a lot of words in an anatomy textbook that sound funny.

Bilirubin!

Fundus!

Acini!

Then I realized I should probably stop. Didn't want the roomie to hear, especially after that singing incident.

But seriously, those words are fun to say. Try it. Go ahead. You know you want to.

Well, I enjoyed it at least. Probably will continue to do it in reading future chapters, though perhaps not so loudly.

No comments: