Monday, December 12, 2011

Are we there yet?

I recall a conversation from last year with a guy I know, Ryan, where I was like, "What's finals week like at real college? Because at Harper it's awesome because you're hardly in class and you get to sleep in." And Ryan was like, "Yeah, no, it's not like that at all." Then he walked away without telling me what it's like.  Well, now I'm finding out what it's like.

I think the final gods are cashing in on their karma on me because not only do I have 5 finals to take, but I also have 2 make-up tests from when I was sick (should have two-can't get a hold of one professor-only adding to my stress!). Not to mention, I'm still catching up on new material from when I was sick. In other words, I have no choice but to study ALL THE TIME.  It's funny because this whole semester I attributed my less-than-perfect first-semester-of-real-college grades to the fact that I don't really know how to study on a count of never really having to study before, but still was able to get good grades with my eyes closed and my hands tied behind my back. A problem that was only made worse by most of my Harper classes (with the exception of general chem 2 which may be the only class I despise more than my current physics class, measured by the amount it kills me and my brain). But as of a few days ago, I have been studying probably more than I have the whole semester. I definitely know how to study now. Speaking of which, I must get back to.  I can do this, right? 

PS. Is it ok to put off studying for physics by studying for other classes? It's still studying. 

1 comment:

Rinny said...

Welcome to finals week sweetie. And yes, it is always acceptable to procrastinate by doing work for another class. You're almost there! I'm thinkin about ya!