Sunday, September 12, 2010

Another thing accomplished

I met someone today with the same first name as me. All of you with common names don't understand how cool this is for me. I have never, in my life, personally met someone who has the same name as me. I know of people with the same name: my best friend's grandma's friend, my sister's ex-coach's wife, Gloria Estefan, and my deceased grandmother who I'm named after of course. But I've never met any of these people (I did see in the coach's wife in person, but didn't meet her). I don't know Gloria Estefan and my paternal grandma for more obvious reasons (one's famous and the other one's dead-in case you couldn't figure it out). However, today at Fall Fest I met an employee named Gloria. I was so excited I showed her my ID badge and everything.  I was probably a little to giddy. I hope she didn't notice. I don't want to appear so uncool as to bring shame to the name ( I like parentheses).