Monday, June 28, 2010

It would be better with a Fat Lady

It has only been a couple weeks since my last post, which isn't unusual, yet when I  went to sign in to blogger today; I forgot my password. It just wasn't in my brain, and I knew that trying to remember it was a lost cause. So I followed the "forgot password" steps and it sent it to my e-mail. As I went to sign into my e-mail I thought, what if I forgot the password to my e-mail? So then I started the "forgot password" process for that one too, just to see. Its brilliant idea was to either send it to another e-mail account, if you had another associated with it, or to type in your birth date. Well, now your choices are to hope that you are well acquainted with electronic postal services, and pray you don't forget those passwords too, lest you start a chain of security questions and Captcha codes that could go as long as lining up all the Chinese around the Earth. Or you can hope you put your actual birthday, which isn't always the case; I have three Neopets accounts (don't judge) that I can no longer use for this reason. But then, what if you forget the answer to your security question?! Lucky for me, "Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?" is a question I will always remember the answer to.