Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Aye, lass: A book review

When I woke up last Monday, it felt like summer. Last year between ear surgery, everyone leaving for college, and me not finishing a single novel; it didn't feel like summer; it just felt like "eh." This year though, the sun has been shining, I got to so swimming once, and I am reading a great book.

It is the perfect summer read. Genre-wise it is a cross of romance, historical fiction, and fantasy. It has everything a woman wants for her summer reads with both edge-of-your-seat action and suspense and love between the characters that is so powerful that, let's face it, there's nothing between the characters- if you catch my drift. Also, it takes place in historical Scotland with a modern English woman as the main character: hence my new vocabulary.

I'll lend this book to ye if you want. I found it is good to keep the mind off things like family parties and root canals.

The book: Outlander By Diana Gabaldon

No comments: