Thursday, June 10, 2010

A pugly situation

I was driving to Harper today. I was doing my best, but let's be honest I'm not a very good driver. The driving was going ok though, that is, until a dog ran across the busy, 45mph street- right in front of my car. I tried to slow down without slamming the breaks so I wouldn't get hit from behind, but as I came closer to where the dog was it was clear that I wouln't be able to stop before I got to him. I quickly looked to my right and thank God there were no cars there and I moved over and stopped because the dog was still crossing. At that point the dog was somewhere behind me although I couldn't see him and I was worried that he might have gone under the car. Then I saw him though and drove off, but as I did I saw in my rearview mirror that little pug run back accross the street in the opposite direction.

I hope that dog picks a side of the street and sticks to it because I'm afraid if he keeps running back and forth, on my way back home I will see him again, but, this time, he won't be running.