Saturday, July 11, 2009

Birth control

I have been babysitting for over six years. Little kids are amazing. They're so cute and they're learning things all the time, and it is really interesting to see the world from their perspective. I used to think a career with kids would be a good idea for me because I was really good with them.

But there is a exception to every rule and that exception is the kids I babysit now. They are little monsters. One day in Spanish class the girl sitting next to me asks, "Do you babysit the C*****'s?" "Yes?" "Don't you wanna just shoot yourself?" Well, I thought that was a little extreme, but I sympathized. Then I found out that this girl babysits them every week. Then I'd want to shoot myself. So I replied, "Yeah, [the boy] once spit on my face." "I know, he swears at me all the time!" Um, the boy to which we were referring, just turned 5. She lowered her head and shook it and I shook mine. We were in agreement over bad parenting.

When I told my mom this today, she was like, "And after you babysit them you don't want to be around any children!" That is totally true! Only I didn't want to admit it. Hopefully, the effects will have worn off by the time VBS starts next week. Or else I might make a preschooler cry.

2 comments:

Ryan said...

"Or else I might make a preschooler cry."
HAHAHA!
Hopefully you recover otherwise I feel bad for those kids!
Have fun at VBS!

Rosie said...

HA! Birth Control! Sometimes I think you are connected to my mind. ()D