Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Chilln'

I have been finding myself unable to blog recently. I blame it on my boring life, but I've always had a boring life and I used to blog a lot.

One of the problems is that I realized I hardly ever update my status on Facebook. Consequently, I have converted all of my thoughts to short, nondescript, trying to be amusing phrases. Not only has this not helped me become more active on FB, but I can't blog because a one-sentence blog, isn't interesting and that's all that's coming to my head.

The other problem is AP tests were going on and I was very busy not studying for them. There was also prom, mother's day, band concert, and my own laziness. You know it's sad when I'm too lazy to go on the computer. Pressing the power button and typing in my one-letter password is just too much effort sometimes!

Anyway, I have been experiencing the strangest feeling all afternoon. I feel happy for no reason. As a matter of fact, it kind of makes me worried. I feel cheery and smiley, and I had fun doing my psych homework (I like psych, but homework is homework and should not be enjoyable to normal, non-nerdy people). The ironic part is, I attribute this to my psych teacher. Today in class, we were talking about cognitive therapy and she brought up (which she has brought up many times before because we are a class of melodramatic teenagers) the fact that things only seem really bad to us because we make them that way. When this came up earlier in the year, it was because everyone hated that we had to wear our IDs and she was like, "Really? What's the big deal?" So, I guess what I'm saying is that the reason I'm happy is because I'm not letting things bother me. I could definitely name many things that are an annoyance to my life right now, but who cares? Whatever.

No comments: