Monday, September 22, 2008

Rachel's Challenge

This Rachel's Challenge thing has a hold on my mind and I don't know why. Is it because I have tried to implement similar ideas many times in my own life and failed? If so, then this should be my chance, right? I signed the thing saying I accept Rachel's Challenge. Or can I not get it out of my mind because Rachel possessed an extraordinary gift from God. Or is it because, despite the powerful meaning, I feel like I'm getting a biased opinion about something and I don't like that. Anyhow, it's stuck in my mind. I have so many thoughts about various parts about of the presentations and it's hard to sort through them all. I've heard so many different opinions from teachers and students and I'm just trying to put them all together. Maybe what I really don't like about it is that since I'm still just a teenager(we have stupid ideas sometimes) I don't want something like this to have a big impact on me because I just want to be able to make my own decisions and not have anybody tell me what I should do.

By the not likely chance that somebody not from my school is reading this here's a link in case you want to find out more.
http://www.rachelschallenge.com/

2 comments:

Ryan said...

i totally agree! I can't stop thinking about it either. it was such an awesome presentation! Rachel clearly had a gift for treating everyone with respect. It was really cool to hear about it!

Anonymous said...

I think the whole getting stuck in the head thing is part of the magnitude of the presentation. Its something that sticks with you and if you try to ignore it, it almost haunts you....kinda creepy but way cool.