Tuesday, September 6, 2011

I'm going to do it as soon as I finish this post

Homework and I have gotten a lot closer since I've started going to real college. I didn't treat homework right at community college. Oftentimes I went weeks without doing him. And when I did do him it was almost always at school. He would wonder, "Why don't you ever take me home to meet your family?" and I would be very honest and say, "because I don't like you that much and I'm just using you to get a better grade."

But now, oh man, I do homework every weeknight. Sometimes, I do him for hours without stopping. I admit, it can be painful, especially since I was so inexperienced. However, I think I'm getting better at it. I know homework appreciates all the effort I put into our relationship. We have even tried new things. I used to only do homework on the bed. Recently though I've been doing homework on the desk. Who knows, maybe sometime I'll even do him in the library!

So even though I'm used to being a slacker, now that I'm in real college, when homework gets hard, you better believe I'm going to be there doing it all night long.