Sunday, August 28, 2011

The important issues

I was thinking about make-up this morning. I think of make-up as a necessary evil, also a necessary evil taxes and government, but make-up is what was on my mind this morning. Sometimes, I love putting on make-up. I love the way I can try to fix all the things that are "wrong" with my face. But make-up can also be annoying. I'd much rather spend my time in the mornings sleeping in. And make-up is also kind of a way to hide yourself, some people think, because that's not really you. Proponents of make-up would argue that it is you, just a better you, and the other side would say you don't need to be a better you, you just need to be you.

I once had a high school teacher once who was anti-make-up so I tried going without one day. I  felt great and awake to be going natural, but then a girl in my PE class was like, "You look really tired." So that was the end of that.

I do love the way it looks though. And since I was bored this morning I decided to give myself a make-over.

After online virtual make-over

After real make-up


So, see, I think make-up is pretty good stuff. Though I could always go for this look instead: 


No comments: