Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Button, button, who's got the button?

This is, what, the 15th week of classes? And just today I noticed something in my microbiology lab. There's a big, red, shiny, round button in the back of the classroom. Exactly like the kind you see in TV or movies where with one push, in the heat of an emergency, big pieces of metal clamp down over windows, doors, and sometimes walls, an alarm sounds and a red light flashes and the room is set to panic as people either try to get out or in.

Or maybe it's a different kind of red button. You push it and all of the lab benches flip over into the ground and a disco ball comes down from the ceiling.

Whatever that red button does, it is so tempting to push it. I can only hope in these last couple weeks of class that something happens that causes my professor to shout, "SOMEONE PUSH THE RED BUTTON!" and I will be standing right by it for the pleasure and honor.

No comments: